Disney on a Rainy Day

Good Evening!

Our Rainy Splash Mountain Ride - 2006

This week in honor of the rain we are getting in Utah - the Pros and Cons of going to Disney on a Rainy Day! (Which, funny enough, is my favorite Disneyland weather!) If you ever find yourself waking up in your hotel room to gloomy rain-clouds, do not despair! While there can be downsides to an outdoor theme park in wet weather, there are definitely ways to make the most of any rainy day.

To ensure that you are properly warned (and in the spirit of ending on a good note) we'll start with this short list of "cons"!
  • It can get chilly! While California is usually filled with warm coastal air, it doesn't mean it never gets cold! Several rainstorms I've been caught in have been in the summer and stay around 70 degrees, which isn't too bad, but when you are wet it can feel a lot colder - especially in the early morning or later in the evening. 
  • When it rains hard enough, you potentially walk around the park wet, which isn't always the most fun feeling. You can purchase rain ponchos at most of the shops, however I have been caught in a bad enough storm that I was absolutely drenched by the time I got to Main Street, even in the poncho. 
That's about it! Check out the longer list of "pros" below to find out why rainy days at Disney are actually my favorite! (Am I biased? I love rain, so probably...)
  • First off, rain always seems to bring out the most vibrant of colors in Disneyland, so the sights (and pictures) are always phenomenal. I love the way Main Street looks in the rain!
  • Second, the crowds are non-existent. Most locals won't go to Disneyland on a rainy day, which cuts down big time on the crowds! You can practically walk straight onto any ride, which is awesome! My husband and I went on a "misty" day (it wasn't even hard enough to call it a light sprinkle) and the park was empty. We rode just about everything we wanted to in one day! 
  • Third, its cool! Yes this can be a con if it's too chilly, but in the summer it can be a nice break from the heat. (especially if it is just "misting" at you!) Bonus!
  • And Lastly - if you are already soaking wet (as I have been before) then there is absolutely nothing stopping you from riding whatever ride you want - including the water rides. We have had the wonderful experience of being soaking wet, and due to the lack of crowds, we walked right on Splash Mountain. Three or four times. To this day, that is one of my favorite Disneyland memories!
How do you feel about rainy days at Disney? Leave us a comment below!

If you are interested in buying a copy of my Disneyland Guide, feel free to contact me at any time at enchantedpumpkinblog@gmail.com. I sell my guide for $10, or you can request a personalized one for $15 that I will customize entirely to your family’s needs!

As always, if you have any tips, tricks or questions you would like to submit to our blog feel free to send us an email at enchantedpumpkinblog@gmail.com! And don't forget to hit that blue follow button at the top of the page!

-Lindsay Prout

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genie+ & Lightning Lane

Best Times to Ride the Busy Rides

Welcome to the Happiest Travel Blog on Earth!