A Trip Down Memory Lane...

Good Morning!

Our computer has been receiving some TLC, so after a week away, we are finally back to posting! 

I've been going through a lot of old pictures lately, and I was reminded of a lot of things in Disneyland that are now rides of the past. Some were removed recently, and some were removed when I was a little girl. I thought it would be fun to take a trip through Memory Lane as we explore some of our favorite rides that are now long gone!

1. Hollywood Tower Hotel (Tower of Terror)
This will always be my favorite ride. I was crushed when they decided to give Tower of Terror a Guardians of the Galaxy make-over. I do like the new ride, but Tower of Terror just had such an amazing attention to detail and that classic creepy, haunted feel. As amazing as Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: Breakout! is, it will never beat the beat-up, lightning-struck Hollywood Tower Hotel. Rest in Peace HTH.


This picture was taken in 2014 when I was new to Instagram and super obsessed with filters.

2. Soarin' Over California
For those of you who are new to Disneyland, Soarin' Over the World used to be called Soarin' Over California (which made perfect sense). It was the same California video at Disney World in Florida (which didn't make sense at all). They went ahead and changed the video in Disney World to Soarin' Over the World and moved that same video to California during the update of the Grizzly Peaks area. I think the new video is awesome and had some really necessary updates, but I do miss flying over the orange groves and sunset covered oceans, surrounded in orange and pine scents. It would be neat if the videos went back and forth every now and then so we could experience both!! So Disney Imagineering if you're reading this.....
Ye Old Soarin' Building - before it was green! 

3. Country Bear Jamboree
I actually don't remember too much from this show. I do remember seeing it a couple of times as a little girl, and I still listen to the soundtrack. Because I was so young, I didn't get too attached and I actually really like the Winnie the Pooh ride that took its place, but I do love that they left a tribute to the old Country Bears attraction. If you look up as you exit the Heffalumps and Woozles room, hanging on the wall directly above you are the busts of Max, Buff, and Melvin who were a part of the Country Bear Jamboree show!

4. It's Tough to be a Bug!
We didn't ever really do much in Bug's Land growing up until my youngest brother was born, but it was always a tradition to go see It's Tough to be a Bug at least once a trip! I had gotten really good at avoiding all the little jump scares and interactive parts (being sprayed with "acid" (water), avoiding the smell of the stink bug, knowing when to stand up a little to avoid the "bugs" running under your seat, or leaning forward to avoid the "bee stings") as those parts always freaked me out a bit! I do miss having that show to look forward to every year! Hopefully Disney brings in some big fun with the Marvel themed land that is taking its place! 

Here are some fun pictures of Bugs Land before it closed for good! I never actually rode the majority of the rides, especially in the Flik's Fun Fair area, but I am sad that they are getting rid of a lot of the things little kids could actually do in California Adventure. Hopefully Marvel Land still includes some fun things for the kiddos! 


Francis' Lady Bug Boogie was a part of Flik's Fun Fair

Jack riding Francis' Ladybug Boogie!

Aunt Carla and Jack enjoying Heimlich's Chew Chew Train! This was a really boring ride, but I must admit I kind of miss it. Just a little. 

Jack having a blast on Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies!

What are some of your favorite attractions from Disneyland's past? Leave us a comment below!

As always, if you have any tips, tricks or questions you would like to submit to our blog feel free to send us an email at enchantedpumpkinblog@gmail.com! And don't forget to follow us by hitting "Subscribe" at the top of the page!


-Lindsay Prout

--   --   --   --   --   --   --   --   --   --   --

If you are interested in buying a copy of my Disneyland Guide, feel free to contact me at any time at enchantedpumpkinblog@gmail.com. I sell my guide for a one time fee of $10*, or you can request a personalized one for $15 that I will customize entirely to your family’s needs! 

*Any updated guides will be sent to you absolutely free of charge after your first purchase. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling with Young Children? No Problem!

Genie+ & Lightning Lane

Disney on a Rainy Day